[vox] Linux As Microsoft's Little Helper

Brian E. Lavender brian at brie.com
Wed May 8 11:06:38 PDT 2019

Hey Bob,

I think Linux will be the tool to help MS dig themselves out of the big
hole they are in.

You ought to check out Fedora 30! I have it running, and it runs great.
Yet, I still have a Windows machine for the, ugh, it's just easier in
some cases.

The Windows Subsystem for Linux on my Windows 10 is pretty cool, but you
can't seem to run GUI programs from the running Ubuntu. There needs to be
the Ubuntu distro with the binaries compiled with MinGW support.

Microsoft has been a significant Linux contributor.

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2166123/microsoft-contributed-code-canonical-linux-2632

Pompeo recognizing global warming and doubling down on it sure
seems odd, yet expected at the same time.

brian