[vox] The Fun of Being a Linux User

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Apr 25 12:43:54 PDT 2019

Quoting Bob Scofield (scofield at omsoft.com):

> In the last two days I've gotten two phone calls from from people
> claiming to be with Microsoft who have told me that either my
> Windows computer is infected with a virus or that my Windows machine
> has been compromised.  I've gotten these before with the man with
> the Indian accent.  Yesterday's call was from someone with someone
> without the Indian accent.
>
> So if you're on Linux it's kind of fun to string these folks on a
> bit.

I tend to say, in a tone of deep regret, 'I'm terribly sorry, but I just
don't speak a _word_ of English.'

I mean, I _could_ say 'Jeg forstår ikke.  Snakker du norsk?'  Or 'Ani lo
mevin.  Atah medaber ivrit?'  But it's more fun to mess with their heads.

--
Cheers,                          "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals;
Rick Moen                        I am a vegetarian because I hate plants."