[vox] Best Linux PDF Editor

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri May 5 15:08:09 PDT 2017

[Snip cross-post, as cross-posting across LUG mailing lists, in my
experience, causes problems for the listadmins]

Quoting Darth Borehd (darth.borehd at gmail.com):

> I have seen Foxit, Master PDF, and PDF Studio are commercial packages that
> work on Linux.  Should I get one?  Is there a free option somewhere?

I can provide a comprehensive list of PDF editing codebases (and various
people's notes about them) for you to explore:

"PDF Editors" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Apps/

(Deciding what's 'best' is entirely up to you.)

P.S.:  I believe you meant proprietary, when you said 'commercial':
The latter term means 'characterised by commerce', which is true of open
source programs as well as proprietary ones, but your meaning is 'under
restrictive licensing', not 'I can pay money to get a copy'.  E.g., FSF
has for decades offered for sale suites of GNU software, which means
that is commercial by definition.