[vox] Installfest?

Tony Cratz cratz at hematite.com
Wed Oct 12 14:58:49 PDT 2016

On 10/11/2016 10:48 PM, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>> I'd suggest going totally the other way.  Have an installfest server
>> with a Web daemon, dhcpd, pxelinux (kickstart server), connected up to a
>> local wifi network and ethernet.  Stock the server's Web pages with some
>> informational pages, and offer download of distro ISOs _and_ also
>> over-the-network installation or running of those same distros.  (When I
>> say 'running', I mean like netbooting a live-CD distro via PXEboot.)

	And instead of using kickstart, I suggest using preseed. We can
	set up a number of preseed files to handle different type of
	installs if we so desire. Having a small machine act as the
	server is a good idea.

	Maybe it is time we do have a couple of topics for our LUG
	meeting. Setting up a kickstart server, and how to use preseed.

	A few years ago I set-up a new preseed system when I while I
	was working at Google. I have been away from it for a while
	and sorry to say I no longer have access to the document I wrote
	while at Google. I have been thinking about forcing myself to
	once again redo everything I had with preseed.

								Tony