[vox] The future of LUGOD

T. Mark techmark at tutanota.de
Mon Nov 14 16:56:19 PST 2016

Wow, hadn't opened my LUGOD mailbox in quite awhile, & this was certainly sad to see.  First of all HUGE thanks for all your work over the years Bill-- what a great contribution!
Seems a damned shame if there's really not enough interest.  How about a desperate marketing blitz, to see if it can be rekindled?  Actually I was thinking I'd mention something I heard on the LinuxVoice podcast (who suffered financially as a magazine, & got merged with Linux-Magazine.com) -- someone heard that there was a rush of traffic searching about putting Linux on Macbooks due to fanboi disenchantment with OSX changes lately..  something on which to base a flyer for the upcoming Installfest, yes?
I'd be happy to run the thing but haven't the time unless it could be a paid part-time job--  I know that's rather unheard-of but that's where I sit, depressingly.  Perhaps someone with crowdfunding chops or VC connections could work some wonders & whip up an org with proper hype, etc.
Hope all are doing as well as can be done these days..

Mark

--
https://twitter.com/linuxusergrou

15. Nov 2016 07:38 by brian at brie.com: