[vox] How to fix Google Chrome browser apt sources.list entry

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 23 18:49:34 PDT 2016

I wrote:

> I'd previously never heard of 'von' in Norwegian language (in that
> context[1]), but it appears to have the same meaning in both Norwegian
> and Danish that it does in German, when encountered as part of surnames
> (which is to say, a feudal title of nobility, not royal descent).

Checking the history of (some of) the various 'von' people listed on
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristocracy_of_Norway, seems like all
were originally imports from Prussia or the various German states.  So,
FWIW, my guess is that the 'von' prefix was strictly an import.  (There
was a lot of coalition-building and intermarriage with little regard to
national borders in those days.)