[vox] How to fix Google Chrome browser apt sources.list entry

Mark's tech help markindavis at hush.com
Sun Mar 20 15:31:33 PDT 2016

Just my $.02..  it would behoove all of us to complain to whomever runs sites still using Adobe!  What awful nightmares they've generated for decades, vis-a-vis the web.  HTML5 has finally arrived, capable of doing all the stuff for which we supposedly had to turn to "proprietary blob" Flash.  #ditchFlash!
I'm also glad to see Bob got a successful solution from the list.

Speaking of various browsers used..  I saw in a Linux magazine that Opera had bit the dust (was news to me.. but I used to keep it installed because I had it save a password which I subsequently forgot, and couldn't find a way to crack it's cheezy encryption!  So for one site to use my login, I ran Opera (danged fast browser btw, used it way back when on Win98 dreck..) as I never got around to figuring out the config process for snort, so as to sniff my own pw.  I DO have a point here--  the magazine article was about

"
Otter Browser
Controlled by the user, not vice versa

Otter Browser aims to recreate the best aspects of the classic Opera (12.x) UI using Qt5.
"

but perusing  otter-browser.org  further... oh NO, they use SourceForge!?  Did they not hear of the sellout? Eek.  A good idea anyways, if anyone has spare time (?) it seems like a decent place to volunteer one's coding.

Happy equinox.

--
https://twitter.com/LinuxUserGroup

On 3/20/2016 at 1:15 AM, "Rick Moen" <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

>Quoting Bob Scofield (scofield at omsoft.com):
>
>> We had a Spanish assignment where we had to go online, listen to
>> Spanish audio, and then respond by recording a response that the
>> teacher could later listen to.  Chrome was the only browser that
>> could get to record.
>
>Interesting.  I've never had to solve that problem, but this link
>on the
>Chromium HTML5 Google Group is to a brief discussion where one of
>the
>devs gives an answer:
>
>https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/chromium-
>html5/ZmXOLBCfT3M

Shell programming is a 1950's jukebox - great if it has your song already.  --Larry Wall