[vox] Rumor has it SACLUG is dead.

Bill Broadley bill at broadley.org
Fri Jul 22 21:35:22 PDT 2016

On 07/22/2016 10:51 AM, Brian E. Lavender wrote:
> Yes, that was me trying to be funny! When we started ScLUG, uh, 17 years
> ago, the "wasn't there another SacLUG" haunted us for years. I am not
> sure of the original founder. He probably came to the meeting and
> introduced himself and I probably didn't pay attention.

Heh, I do wonder if LUGs would be more popular with a different name.

After all few presentations are linux specific.

Sure there's the occasional meeting about embedded platforms (Pi, Chip,
etc) that are mostly linux.  But inkscape, puppet, mysql, community
fiber optics, tux paint, scratch, Go, liferay, R, and related aren't
particularly linux specific.

I guess it's as good an umbrella for such topics as any.