[vox] "Closing a door"

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Oct 6 15:33:52 PDT 2015

I'm not at all familiar with Linux kernel development community,
and I don't know that I had heard of this person before, but
I wanted to pass along this blog post I saw whiz by twitter:

  "Closing a door"
  Sarah Sharp, 2015.Oct.05
  http://sarah.thesharps.us/2015/10/05/closing-a-door/

  ...Here's the deal: I'm not a Linux kernel developer any more. I quietly
  transferred the maintainership of the USB 3.0 host controller driver in May
  2014. In January 2015, I stepped down from being the Linux kernel coordinator
  for the FOSS Outreach Program for Women...

  Given the choice, I would never send another patch, bug report, or suggestio
  to a Linux kernel mailing list again. My personal boxes have oopsed with
  recent kernels, and I ignore it. My current work on userspace graphics
  enabling may require me to send an occasional quirks kernel patch, but I
  know I will spend at least a day dreading the potential toxic background
  radiation of interacting  with the kernel community before I send anything.

  I am no longer a part of the Linux kernel community.

#disappointed. :(

Sent from my computer