[vox] Looking for a few good hams

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Nov 19 11:14:36 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 10:17:25PM -0800, Timothy D Thatcher wrote:
> I'd be happy to assist in a talk. Sorry for the late reply! I haven't done
> a ton of ham-specific stuff in linux, though I have poked at several
> packages available (and will poke at more as time permits in the next
> month!) Topics I'm comfortable offering a little bit on: a introduction to
> fldigi, wsjt-x and what it does and the JT modes it supports, and
> predict/gpredict orbital tracking software and a little about working
> satellites. I can also handle general licensing stuff, atmospheric radio
> propagation, and solar/geomagnetic weather, should the need arise. I can
> talk about any, all, or none of the above. Maybe AX.25 a little bit too,
> given what I'm working on currently...

Awesome, thanks!  I've updated http://lugod.org/meeting/upcoming/#2015.12.21
Sounds like we've got these folks on-board:

  Brian Lavender
  Tony Cratz
  Eric Engelhard
  Tim Thatcher

If I'm missing anyone, let me know!  Otherwise, see you in December.
I'm assuming the projector and possibly the library's WiFi are all
anyone will need.  If not, let me know!