[vox] FS (with sadness): TiVo Series 2 DVR

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Feb 22 17:57:33 PST 2015

It was a bit difficult, but I finally hit the 'erase all'
button on the TiVo that a number of friends bought Melissa and me
for a wedding gift, oh so long ago.  It hasn't been used since
2008 or so, and I gathered all the pieces, hooked it up, and
had it sing "daisy, daisy" to me. ;)

I know folks around here have hacked on TiVos, so I figured I'd
post it for sale here, before bothering with Craiglist or any
other such nonsense.

Specs:
  TiVo Series 2
  Model TCD140060 - http://www.tivopedia.com/model-tivo-tcd140060.php
  Has its original (now 12 year old) 60GB disk
    (gives you approx. 60hr recording @ Basic Quality)
  It whines; I'm not sure if it's the HDD, or a fan, or what...
    (again, another reason to sell it to a hacker; someone who
    can give it the necessary love -- or at least disassmble it
    and get some use out of its parts)

Comes with:
  "Start Here" guide
  Installation Guide
  Service Viewer's Guide
  Remote control ("Peanut" style), with some button labels worn off

Also:
  USB WiFi Dongle, model AG0100

Hows about $80 OBO for the lot?

Sent from my computer
PS - Thanks again to all our friends, many from out here in LUGOD,
     who gave us our TiVo; it really did change our TV-watching lives!