[vox] Dell Inspiron 1525, slightly beaten

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Feb 19 09:33:43 PST 2015

I was cleaning up my home office last night and came upon a
box full of old equipment that I forgot I hadn't already
gotten rid of. :)

One was my last personal laptop, a Dell Inspiron 1525 that
took a dive off a high shelf and landed squarely on its
back right corner (jamming a wireless mouse's USB receiver
into the USB port, and taking out the S-video (irc?) output
while it was at it).

It seems to work _otherwise_, though I had long since yanked
its HDD out.  I let it run through its self test last night,
and it seemed happy (except, yknow, no drive).  At the
least, it could be used for parts.  At best, with a drive
added to it (or using a Linux live CD? :) ), it could be a
beater laptop for someone who needs something desperately.

Anyone interested?  Worth anything to you?

Sent from my computer