[vox] [fwd] You're Invited! DMA's Annual Holiday Open House [Davis Media Access, Mon Dec. 7]

ointmentfly at tuta.io ointmentfly at tuta.io
Fri Dec 11 16:01:54 PST 2015

Thanks for letting us know about this--  you have good "radar" as to local
stuff that's worth noting!

Just an observation though, about how KDRT can be infuriating.  I've counted
four distinct times, now, that they've run an episode of DemocracyNow that
isn't the current day's edition..  and I made note of these
otherwise-unexciting events because they so happened to contain especially
controversial subject matter on those particular days.  (I listen on KDVS or
KPFA or KVMR often, but sometimes it's more convenient when KDRT plays it.)
This to me has been enough data points to suggest there's someone "spiking"
said episodes, as the common element is that each time the Authorities'
wrongdoing was called out in explicit terms..  be it some cops or U.S.
foreign policy, as was the case this last notable time.  I'm sure if you
called to complain they'd cite "technical difficulties"..  yeah, I bet they
run Microsoft crap so surely they have some weaknesses, but surely they'd
just be using this as a cowardly excuse.  Take note of the most recent
censored (IMO) topic, and share with friends who may've missed it:

http://www.democracynow.org/2015/11/19/glenn_greenwald_on_submissive_medias_drumbeat

".. as far as who has blood on their hands, there’s zero evidence that the
attackers used encryption or anything else that was revealed as a result of
Edward Snowden, but there’s lots of evidence that the CIA utterly failed in
their mission and that the U.S. government has done all sorts of things
unwittingly to strengthen ISIS. And so, I think if you want to talk about who
has blood on their hands, personally, I would look first to ISIS, the people
who actually shot those people in the Paris streets. It’s really weird.
Usually after a terrorist attack, nobody is allowed to suggest that anybody
has blame other than the terrorists themselves. But for some reason, in this
case, leading establishment figures and journalists feel free to go around
detracting—distracting attention from ISIS and saying, "No, it’s not ISIS
that has blood on their hands, it’s Edward Snowden." For some reason, that’s
now allowed. So, if that’s what we’re doing, if that’s the game we’re
playing, I would look to the U.S. government first, because they failed to
find the plot despite huge amounts of money and unlimited power to do so, and
because they’ve done all sorts of things to strengthen the group that
apparently bears responsibility for this attack."
  --  Glenn G. being interviewed

Merry Xmas!