[vox] Some recent posts from LUGOD's Facebook group & page

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Mar 19 10:19:24 PDT 2014

A while back I suggested it might be nice to cross-post some of the
more interesting posts to LUGOD's Facebook page[1] & group[2] over here
on our 'vox' mailing list (and vice-versa).

Here are a few recent links, in case anyone wants to either (a) discuss it
further here on 'vox', and/or (b) hop onto Facebook and join the
conversation there.

 * Alex Mandel
   * $2,400 "Introduction to Linux" course will be free and online this summer
     http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/03/2400-introduction-to-linux-course-will-be-free-and-online-this-summer/

 * Eric Engelhard
   * [photo of a wall-mounted Rasberry Pi with a camera]
      "Raspberry pi and camera, wide angle lens, gimbal wall mount,
     Raspbian OS, and motion for a dedicated webcam (and LAMP stack
     playground)."

 * Me
   * GOG will bring classic PC games to Linux this fall
     http://www.pcworld.com/article/2109143/gog-will-bring-classic-pc-games-to-linux-this-fall.html

   * Call for Makers
     [for Makerfaire, which takes place in San Mateo in mid-May]
     http://makerfaire.com/bay-area-2014/call-for-makers/

 * Sameer Verma  (reposted to LUGOD)
   * With Windows 8 floundering, HP was forced to start selling Windows 7 again
     http://news.yahoo.com/windows-8-floundering-hp-forced-start-selling-windows-154258811.html

Enjoy!

-bill!

[1] LUGOD's public page: