[vox] Possible free Intel Galileo Development board

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Tue Jul 8 07:54:50 PDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-07-06 at 21:57 -0700, Lance Geroso wrote:
> Hi guys. I'm just letting you guys know that there is a possible free
> Intel Galileo board you can sign up for here -->
> http://www.windowsondevices.com/

The first sample is always free, isn't it? I wonder how my marketing
information is worth to Microsoft?

Hey, did you know you can run GNU/Linux on the Galileo board.
https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22226

And build a burglar alarm using the board
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/burglar-alarm-using-the-intel-galileo-board

Debian thread
https://communities.intel.com/thread/48074?start=15&tstart=0

And buy the board. Found MCM has it for 81 bucks. Can't vouch for them
as a vendor though
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/83-15683?scode=GS401&catargetid=530004080000291175&cadevice=c&gclid=CM_p-NL8tb8CFZSEfgodw2MAow