[vox] Tux Paint at next LUGOD (Dec. 2014)?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Dec 8 10:53:42 PST 2014

On Sat, Dec 06, 2014 at 02:07:54AM -0800, Brian E. Lavender wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 11:00:58PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> >
> > So December's meeting is approaching, and I haven't had much luck
> > (not that I've tried _incredibly_ hard) hunting down a speaker.
> >
> > I jokingly thought to myself "well, I could talk about 'Tux Paint'
> > again"... but then I looked and it's actually been 7 years, this month,
> > since I last presented about it at LUGOD.  And we _did_ just have a huge
> > new release earlier this fall, so it's actually kind of topical! :)
> >
> > So... any objections to me doing that?  How technical would folks want it?
> > Alternatively, someone else please suggest a topic they'd like to
> > present, and I can hold off doing another Tux Paint talk for a while.
>
> A message on vox!
>
> +1 tuxpaint!
>
> When is the android version? Or is that a complete rewrite?

Probably not a complete rewrite.  Thanks to libSDL, ports to
Android, ChromeOS (Chrome browser, Chromebook laptops) and
even straight web browsers (a la JSMESS, which is 100% JavaScript,
but running MESS video game emulator's SDL version).

Just no time lately to figure out any of that stuff, and no one has
stepped forward.  (In fact, still waiting for an OS X port of the
latest version, which should be almost 0 work. :^/ )

So sure, I'll sign myself up to talk about the latest Tux Paint.
Thanks! :)