[vox] Looking for a new laptop

Carl Boettiger cboettig at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 12:59:35 PST 2014

I've had bad luck with some mainstream manufacturers supporting any faulty
or miss-functioning hardware if I'm not running the provided OS (or just
getting a hold of knowledgeable support in the first place).  Since then
I've had a much better experience by going with System76, and also the
Berkeley based ZaReason laptops http://zareason.com/shop/home.php both in
terms of hardware working out of the box but also in getting knowledgeable
and reliable service if something doesn't work. Something to consider.

Cheers,

Carl