[vox] Looking for a new laptop

Richard S. Crawford richard at underpope.com
Mon Dec 1 12:14:41 PST 2014

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new laptop that will run Linux. System76 sells
them, but they're on the pricey side (though I imagine I could replace
Unity on their systems with Kubuntu, which is what I prefer).

I'd also be willing to buy a solid laptop from one of the bigger
manufacturers, so long as I know that it would be possible to wipe Windows
7 or 8 off the hard drive and install Kubuntu. Anyone have experience with
this?

It doesn't have to be a state-of-the-art machine, since I don't do gaming,
graphics, or anything like that; mostly I do web browsing, word processing
and some web development.

TIA!

Richard

--