[vox] OpenHatch x Davis, May 10th

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Apr 28 21:59:20 PDT 2014

Seen over on the CS Club @ UC Davis group on Facebook, and then posted
over on LUGOD's own Facebook page (after I waved my hands ;) ),
"Openhatch @ UC Davis" is happenig on May 10th:

  http://davis.openhatch.org

It's a day long 'immersion event', with curriculum designed by
OpenHatch, a non-profit dedicated to helping people get involved in
open source.  (And they point out that one doesn't need to be a programmer
to contribute to open source software.)

It looks like i twill cover open source licensing, collaboration tools,
and how free software projects are organized, and you'll even get to help
contribute to an open source project.

There's a Facebook page for this event, as well:

  https://www.facebook.com/davisopenhatch

They're looking for mentors who participate in open source projects.
I'm a bit overwhelmed lately, and my own big OSS project is a bit
dated (last release 5 years ago, still uses CVS, etc.), otherwise... ;)

Enjoy!

Sent from my computer