[vox] New laptop

Bob Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Sat Jan 5 21:39:47 PST 2013

On 01/05/2013 02:32 PM, Carl Boettiger wrote:
> My experience with zareason.com <http://zareason.com> has been great.
>  Pre-installed linux (any flavor).  Small company based in Berkeley
> with good customer support.  I had a good experience with system76.com
> <http://system76.com> from years back but they don't carry as many
> lightweight models.

I recently bought a desktop and monitor from Zareason and I really like
those folks.  I consulted with them before hand; asked some questions.
They were helpful, responsive, and friendly.

They created a dual boot, which for them is rare.  I sent down the
Windows 7.  My version of Linux (Xubuntu) wasn't on their list of
distros, but they put it on anyway.

If I ever need a new laptop I'll probably go to them.

Bob