[vox] Favorite memories of LUGOD?

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Sun Dec 29 23:46:48 PST 2013

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 09:53:36PM -0800, Norm Matloff wrote:

> I'm enjoying reading these reminiscences.  I have always just been a
> lurker on this list, other than one or two talks and some posted
> queries, but this is really interesting.
>
> Speaking of queries:  I remember someone talking here about a small firm
> in Berkeley that makes custom desktops and even laptops.  The person
> spoke highly of that firm.  Does anyone remember what it was?

Norm,

I thought somehow the firm was System 76, but I see they are out of Denver. So,
they must not be it.

When are you going to talk at Lugod again? A talk on R perhaps? I did
not realize that you had given a talk when we used to be at Z-World on
"Debunking the Myth of a Desperate Software Labor Shortage"

Any chance you can bless Lugod with another talk sometime?

brian

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/