[vox] Good multimedia case for Myth TV

Daniel Nelson packetcollision at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 23:00:56 PDT 2012

I run a rackmount fileserver in my server-room (well, really just an
air-conditioned shed) with several TB of storage and a digital tuner
card, so having a big HTPC box didn't make sense for me, but I wanted
to be able to have MythTV or XBMC on my TV, so I used an Atom
motherboard with an Nvidia ION graphics processor that can decode
1080p, has HDMI out, and has really low power draw. I popped that, a
small laptop hard drive, a few GB of ram, and a slimline slot-loading
DVD drive into an Antec ISK300
(http://www.silentpcreview.com/Antec_ISK300-65), and I've loved the
results. It's small, good looking, quiet, serves my needs perfectly,
and was only two or three hundred dollars to build  I don't actually
watch much (or any, really) TV, so it's just running XBMC right now,
but I've done the whole Myth frontend + Myth backend on the server
thing, and it works fine too.