[vox] [fwd] LUGOD officer elections - Nominations now open, thru Nov. 20th

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Oct 18 10:47:10 PDT 2011

For any of you who are, for some reason, not subscribed to 'vox-announce':

----- Forwarded message from Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net> -----

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:46:37 -0700
From: Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net>
Subject: [vox-announce] LUGOD officer elections - Nominations now open,
	thru Nov. 20th
To: LUGOD Announce <vox-announce at lists.lugod.org>

It's that time of year!  Nominations are now open for LUGOD club officer
positions:

  * root - president       (currently your's truly, Bill Kendrick)
  * sys - vice president   (currently Brian Lavender)
  * typescript - secretary (currently Andrew Roach0
  * /dev/null - treasurer  (currently Greg FitzGerald)

If you'd like to nominate someone, including yourself, for a club officer
position, please email our secretary, Andrew, at:

  typescript at lugod.org

Nominations will close prior to our November meeting.  Please get your
nominations to Andrew by November 20th.

It has been 6 years since we've had to hold actual voting for elections.
In the recent past, no more than one candidate has been nominated (and
accepted) any given position.  If that's the situation again, we'll simply
make a call for any objections to each candidate at our November meeting.
If more than one candidate is nominated for any position, we'll hold
elections online via our website between the November and December meetings.

For more, see our Bylaws:  http://lugod.org/objectives/bylaws.html

Sent from my computer

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer