[vox] Links from last night's "Hacking Space Exploration & Science" talk

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Oct 18 10:40:14 PDT 2011

A few links from last night's talk on "Hacking Space Exploration & Science":

  Space Hack - a directory of ways to get involved in space exploration
  http://www.spacehack.org/

  Science Hack Day SF - a 24hr marathon of group hacking
  The forthcoming event is November 12-13; RSVP required!
  http://sf.sciencehackday.com/

  NASA CoLab - connects communities inside and outside NASA to collaborate
  Oops - appears to be gone!  Here's a WayBack link:
  http://web.archive.org/web/20101024012343/http://colab.arc.nasa.gov/

  data.NASA - recently launched, data sets released by NASA
  http://data.nasa.gov/

  Zooniverse - includes tools to help researches find and classify galaxies,
  find planets, watch out for solar storms, etc.
  (Galaxy Zoo, Planet Hunters, Solar Stormwatch, etc.)
  https://www.zooniverse.org/

  Ariel Waldman's own site
  http://arielwaldman.com/

I've also posted some photos of last night's meeting at:

  http://www.lugod.org/photos/2011.10.17/

and I've asked Ariel for a copy of her presentation slides, which I hope
to post over on our site, as well.

Enjoy!

Sent from my computer