[vox] Venues needed for November & January (Was re: Speaker & venue needed for November!)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Nov 3 17:56:45 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 03:16:44PM -0700, Brian Lavender wrote:
> Either room sounds good to me.
> I can ask my girlfriend tonight if she can get a room on UCD campus.

I admit I'm not super-keen on UCD as a venue, and only use it as a
worst-case scenario.  For January, Alex mentioned it's a holiday, so that's
one less point against UCD (holiday = free parking).  But somewhere
like Vet Mem or Library (closed) are my personal preferences.

If noone objects, I'd like to go with one of the Vet Mem rooms, which'd
cost us around $80-120, depending on how much before/after time we use.
(i.e., 2 or 3 hrs total rental)

If I'm reading our ledger (which I might not be, because it's split up
into years and I had to sum things myself), we can certainly afford that,
plus pizza/cake/etc.  (Thanks, of course, to all your donations over
the years, everybody! :) )

Now... we still need somewhere for November.  Meeting in just over 2wks!
(Getting time to advertise!)