[vox] Fwd: Programmng the Kernel...

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Sun May 1 22:15:46 PDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 09:01:25AM -0700, Mikies Runs Baal wrote:
>    Jeff,
>    Please, don't understate or ASS-U-ME anything other than what I stated.
>    It is a major project for a Senior Project leading to Post Graduate
>    work.
>    If you have appropriate suggestions for the topic, on how-to approach
>    such a project, or research resources, they will be much appreciated.
>    I am in research mode atm, and looking for appropriate resource
>    materials.
>    I have d/l'd some materials from various unix/linux documentation
>    sites, but specifically was asking about these published tomes, and
>    others that people might be familiar with that they feel comfortable
>    recommending.
>    TIA,
>    MJR

MJR,

I recommend taking the OS design class at Sac State, CSC 159. In it,
you create your own OS. I highly recommend it. I don't know if you are
at Sac State already, but if not, you may be able to convince the instructor
to allow you to take it through Open University.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/