[vox] should I keep gnome 3 or just go XFCE?

Bob Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Tue Dec 27 14:11:59 PST 2011

On 12/27/2011 01:27 PM, Brian Lavender wrote:

> to install it. I saw this article on XFCE. Any XFCE users out there?
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/goodbye-gnome-2-hello-gnome-2

Well as those who've read my posts here over the years know, I'm the
farthest thing from an expert on this list.  I installed Linux Mint 12
on my laptop and found GNOME 3 confusing.  So I watched some Youtube
videos on it, then played around some more and decided I don't
understand why I would want it.  I hate it.

So I (like Linus Torvalds) have gone over to XFCE.  But I've gone with
Xubuntu.  Xubuntu allows you to log in either to the more primitive pure
XFCE or the polished Xubuntu session.

I love Xubuntu.  It's quite similar to the polished GNOME 2 on Ubuntu.

Bob