[vox] Want to make some money?

Gandalf Parker gandalf at community.net
Tue Sep 28 05:50:26 PDT 2010

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010, Brian Lavender wrote:
> What disparate pieces can you think that can be integrated and managed
> so that the customer doesn't have to think about them?

You might be asking the wrong group. Experts and Guru's arent the
demographic, so they dont work well as a focus group. Our toys arent their
toys. Even on the same subject such as editors or mp3 players they want
different than we tend to recommend. Our toys tend toward complication and
allowing lots of manual manipulation.

Someone needs to follow a newbie thru the process. Note what things he
expected to just be there and be working. Try to mass-install and
inter-config it all so that the newb doesnt have to answer anything.

ALLOW but try to avoid "better" more involved programs. Thats up to the
user to pin down later. The one or two things he is willing to put up with
some complications to get a better toy.

"Beware of Guru's. A guru never tells you the easy path. That is why they
are guru's."

Gandalf  Parker