[vox] Want to make some money?

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Mon Sep 27 10:22:23 PDT 2010

Citrix has done well in the markplace.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/09/24/how-to-profit-from-free-software-the-citrix-way.aspx

  Citrix Systems (Nasdaq: CTXS) is on a roll these days. The company is
  beating expectations left and right, sending the stock to a beautiful 87%
  return over the last year.

XenSource has focused on the integration of Xen, yet many companies work
on its development.  Citrix purchased XenSource in 2006. Here is a quote
from Simon Crosby, former CTO of XenSource and current technology leader
of Xen.

  "We draw from, I think, 26 different open-source projects to produce
  the platform and the final product," Crosby said. The hard work behind
  the scenes consists of assembling a coherent platform out of all these
  separate pieces and selling a supportable package to the customer.

What disparate pieces can you think that can be integrated and managed
so that the customer doesn't have to think about them?

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"

Professor Edsger Dijkstra
1972 Turing award recipient