[vox] Social gathering tonight (Tue Oct 5)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Oct 6 15:49:00 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 12:37:24AM -0400, Abram Hindle wrote:
> So 3 people showed up:
>
> John, Tom and Abram.

Thanks for the report!

<snip>
> Maybe some of us will see some of you others at the formal meeting.

Yeah, I didn't make it because my son and wife are both sick.
(So didn't want to bring him along, and figured my wife would
appreciate me not leaving her along with him ;) )

> There was a bit of confusion in terms of organization at the start.
> Perhaps in the future those attending social meets should bring along
> some kind of signaling device (like a drawing of a penguin) to indicate
> their LUG-relationship. As newbies we didn't know if anyone else was there.

Yeah, I've made and laminated a pair of double-sided "LUGOD" signs to
put up.  I've got one, and I think Brian (our vice-president, and a regular
at the socials) has one.

A few people have on occasion brought a plush penguin or created their
own sign.  Generally, though, we set up a row of tables over on the left
side (near the entrance).  I encourage newbies to ask around until they
find other LUGODians, too. ;)

(For all we know, there were you 3, plus another group of N who got
together separately! :^/ )