[vox] Social gathering tonight (Tue Oct 5)

Abram Hindle abram.hindle at softwareprocess.es
Tue Oct 5 21:37:24 PDT 2010

So 3 people showed up:

John, Tom and Abram.

We talked about:
* Kernels and syscalls
* OS related stuff (windows, OSX, Linux, Ubuntus)
* top, ps
* powertop for laptop power consumption
* Canada
* Users groups in Davis (do you guys know of other users groups in Davis?)

Maybe some of us will see some of you others at the formal meeting.

There was a bit of confusion in terms of organization at the start.
Perhaps in the future those attending social meets should bring along
some kind of signaling device (like a drawing of a penguin) to indicate
their LUG-relationship. As newbies we didn't know if anyone else was there.

Thanks,

abram