No subject

Fri Jun 11 10:36:16 PDT 2010

things can do, and find that there's a lot of variety in terms of devices
capabilities, OS versions, and carrier and/or device specific issues or
pitfalls. (e.g., Google is rolling out a feature that will allow App purchases
via carrier billing rather than Google Checkout + credit card... except T-Mob
already does that... guess we made a lucky choice.)

I wonder if others out here would be interested in participating in a roundtable
so we can share what we've learned. Particularly interesting to me is which apps
are good and trustable. (I find the market mostly "rough", with a few gems, and
a lot of creepy stuff. Why does a tic-tac-toe game need access to my phone &
contact info? :-P )

Since we're booked thru early 2011, it wouldn't be for a while. Another
alternative (esp since these devices are hard (I think!?) to throw onto a
projector) would be to do a less formal one at one of our social gatherings.

-bill!
(Sent from MyTouch Slide... would NOT have been possible w/o this keyboard ;) )

--0-1568161410-1280699800=:52290

I recently got my 2nd Android-based phone (went from Google Ion aka T-Mobile MyTouch to the new MyTouch Slide), and I know a lot of folks out here are either (1) also using a variety of Android devices (I'm guessing most, if not all, are phones) or (2) interested in what all the buzz is about.<br><br>From my own standpoint, I feel like I've only scraped the surface of what these things can do, and find that there's a lot of variety in terms of devices capabilities, OS versions, and carrier and/or device specific issues or pitfalls. (e.g., Google is rolling out a feature that will allow App purchases via carrier billing rather than Google Checkout + credit card... except T-Mob already does that... guess we made a lucky choice.)<br><br>I wonder if others out here would be interested in participating in a roundtable so we can share what we've learned. Particularly interesting to me is which apps are good and trustable. (I find the market mostly "rough",

--0-1568161410-1280699800=:52290--