No subject

Fri Jun 11 10:36:16 PDT 2010

these things can do, and find that there's a lot of variety in terms of
devices capabilities, OS versions, and carrier and/or device specific issues
or pitfalls. (e.g., Google is rolling out a feature that will allow App
purchases via carrier billing rather than Google Checkout + credit card...
except T-Mob already does that... guess we made a lucky choice.)

I wonder if others out here would be interested in participating in a
roundtable so we can share what we've learned. Particularly interesting to
me is which apps are good and trustable. (I find the market mostly "rough",
with a few gems, and a lot of creepy stuff. Why does a tic-tac-toe game need
access to my phone & contact info? :-P )

Since we're booked thru early 2011, it wouldn't be for a while. Another
alternative (esp since these devices are hard (I think!?) to throw onto a
projector) would be to do a less formal one at one of our social gatherings.

-bill!
(Sent from MyTouch Slide... would NOT have been possible w/o this keyboard
;) )

--0015174beace35113a048cc86954

br>I recently got my 2nd Android-based phone (went from Google Ion aka T-Mo=
bile MyTouch to the new MyTouch Slide), and I know a lot of folks out here =
are either (1) also using a variety of Android devices (I&#39;m guessing mo=
st, if not all, are phones) or (2) interested in what all the buzz is about=
.<br>
f what these things can do, and find that there&#39;s a lot of variety in t=
erms of devices capabilities, OS versions, and carrier and/or device specif=
ic issues or pitfalls. (e.g., Google is rolling out a feature that will all=
ow App purchases via carrier billing rather than Google Checkout + credit c=
ard... except T-Mob already does that... guess we made a lucky choice.)<br>
oundtable so we can share what we&#39;ve learned. Particularly interesting =
to me is which apps are good and trustable. (I find the market mostly &quot=
;rough&quot;, with a few gems, and a lot of creepy stuff. Why does a tic-ta=
c-toe game need access to my phone &amp; contact info? :-P )<br>
 Another alternative (esp since these devices are hard (I think!?) to throw=
 onto a projector) would be to do a less formal one at one of our social ga=
therings.<br>
__<br>
vox mailing list<br>
ttp://lists.lugod.org/mailman/listinfo/vox</a><br>

--0015174beace35113a048cc86954--