[vox] NEXT WEEK: PenLUG meeting 01/28/2010

bill at wards.net bill at wards.net
Thu Jan 21 12:00:07 PST 2010

PENINSULA LINUX USERS' GROUP (PenLUG) PRESENTS:

   |Date:    |Thursday, January 28, 2010                     |
   |---------+-----------------------------------------------|
   |Time:    |To Be Determined                               |
   |---------+-----------------------------------------------|
   |Location:|To Be Determined                               |
   |---------+-----------------------------------------------|
   |RSVP:    |Facebook: (coming soon) or mail rsvp at penlug.org|

   Location and time for this meeting is to be determined. Qualys will not be
   able to continue hosting PenLUG. Check this space for details.

   Agenda:

     * 6:00 PM Free pizza arrives
     * 6:15 PM Free book giveaways or other prizes
     * 6:30 PM Presentation begins
     * 8:00 PM Meeting ends

  Fedora 12

   Available since November, Fedora 12 has a long list of enhancements that
   includes, for starters, Bluetooth on demand, a wide variety of
   virtualization and security improvements, improved webcam support,
   improved audio and video codecs (including Ogg Theora), and better power
   management. The presentation introducing Fedora 12 will outline these and
   many other improvements in the latest Fedora release.

  Larry Cafiero

   Larry Cafiero is the regional ambassador for the U.S. West Coast states
   for the Fedora Project. A newspaper editor by profession, he also is a
   partner in Redwood Digital Research in Felton, California, and is one of
   the founding organizers of the Lindependence Project.

RSVP

  Although it is not required, we like to have an idea of how many
  people to expect, so if possible please email rsvp at penlug.org if you
  are planning to attend.

GETTING THERE

  For information on getting to the meeting, please see:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1300+Island+Drive,+Redwood+City,+CA
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/DrivingDirectionsQualys
      http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/TransitDirectionsQualys

  Traffic on 101 can be pretty bad in the evening, so we encourage you
  to check traffic conditions before driving by dialing 5-1-1 on your
  phone or visiting www.511.org, and if possible to take public transit
  (best bet: bicycle via Caltrain) or carpool to this meeting.

MORE INFORMATION

  See www.penlug.org for more information.

This notice is being sent to the following mailing lists:
	members at penlug.org
	announce at penlug.org
	sf-lug at linuxmafia.com
	balug-talk at lists.balug.org
	svlug at lists.svlug.org
	svevents at yahoogroups.com
	vox at lists.lugod.org

  Please reply to suggest any additions or other changes.