[vox] Fwd: Re: Looking for projects born at LUGOD

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Jan 11 19:18:15 PST 2010

David M. replied to the vox-announce posting, which actually
sends follow-ups (via the dreaded 'Reply-To') to 'vox',
which he doesn't seem to be subscribed to.  Fwd'ing to the
list on his behalf.

----- Forwarded message from vox-bounces at lists.lugod.org -----

   I want to attend LUGOD meetings, but you guys coincide when toastmasters
   ends on Tuesdays. I would like 2 stay in touch. suggestions?

----- End forwarded message -----

Actually, our social gatherings are on Tuesday.  Those are totally
informal gatherings over dinner at Crepeville restaurant in
downtown Davis.

Our general meetings (which is where we have presentations by guest
speakers, and where any mini-presentations would take place) are
on Monday.

Unless otherwise noted, our schedule is:

  * First Tuesday of the month (e.g., Tue Jan 5th)
    Social gathering  (informal)

  * Third Monday of the month (e.g., Mon Jan 18th)
    General meeting  (formal, with presentations)

This means that meetings are usually 2 weeks apart,
though sometimes three, depending on the 'shape' of the calendar.
(e.g., if the 1st of the month is on a Tuesday, then the third
Monday won't happen until 20 days later, rather than 13 days.)

Side note: I typically start feeling kind of exhausted from
LUGOD, right about the time there's a 3-week break... then I'm
refreshed! ;)

Bcc: David M.