[vox] hosting and e commerce

jimbo evesautomotive at wavecable.com
Mon Aug 16 09:26:59 PDT 2010

Greetings Lugod members:

I just received my business license and now want to have my own piece of the internet real estate.

Does anybody have any preference as to a web hosting company?  I am going to start off very small, almost microscopic so I don't need a lot of options.

What I will be doing is mobile auto repair as well as having a small online store.  I have set up a web site before but am at a loss as to what options are needed for an online store.

Eventually I would like to have the capability of having some sort of database.  I love the security of Linux and would eventually like to have my own static ip address using my own server with Linux but as for now money is precious and sparse.  Some might argue that I can set this up easily.  This is true if I have knowledge and time in these areas.

Think small.

Jimbo