[vox] [Davis Open Science Talk] Michael Eisen co-founder of PLoS on Open Access, May 3rd 11am

Jason Moore jkmoor at ucdavis.edu
Thu Apr 29 13:45:14 PDT 2010

Davis Open Science <http://openwetware.org/wiki/UC_Davis_Open_Science> is
proud to host our first official talk featuring Michael
Eisen<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Eisen>the co-founder of the
Public
Library of Science <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plos> (PLoS), one of the
world's most prominent peer reviewed open access journals.  Michael is also
an adviser for Science Commons <http://sciencecommons.org/>, a Creative
Commons project aimed at faster, more open, web enabled research.  He is a
professor of Biology at UC Berkeley focusing on the evolution of gene
regulation, and keeps a blog <http://www.michaeleisen.org/blog/> about his
research, open science, and baseball.  Michael will talk to us about his
work in Open Access and we'll have plenty of time for questions and
discussion.

*When:* Monday, May 3rd, 11am-12pm

*Where:* Chucklesworth Room, Storer Hall, 3rd floor
*
Please feel free to distribute to appropriate groups or people.*

Davis Open Science is a local group of advocates interested in promoting
open science: open access publishing, open source software, open data, open
notebooks, etc. Find out more on their open wetware
page<http://openwetware.org/wiki/UC_Davis_Open_Science>
.