[vox] [fwd] Picnic + Geeks = Geeknic [Sat May 1, Walnut Creek]

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Apr 28 17:08:15 PDT 2010

FYI:

----- Forwarded message -----

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 01:03:14 -0400
Subject: [sf-lug] Picnic + Geeks = Geeknic

   BBQ - Everyone is invited to Geeknic1 Bay Area,

   what is a Geeknic?
   A geeknic is a picnic for geeks. http://geeknic.org/  Anywhere there are
   geeks, a geeknic should happen.

   We are going to be meeting outdoors (something unusual for some us geeks)
   and having a good time. We'll have burgers, hotdogs, and some other good
   grilling fun. We'll also have some vegetarian options also, vegetables
   shish kabobs (with or without tofu.)

   The goal is to alternate between different parts of The Bay. You can help
   plan for the next picnic in June. It will be in the South Bay, the next
   will be farther north. We would like more suggestions for other venues.

   == When and Where ==
   * Saturday, May 1, 2010
   * 12:30 til 5:30pm
   * Heather Farms Park - 1750 Heather Drive
   Get Directions
   Walnut Creek

   http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en-GB&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=105891681206520758396.000484012eaa70cb586ba&ll=37.917871,-122.042302&spn=0.003072,0.004925&t=h&z=17

   Once you are in the park, follow the Penguin signs

   If you need a ride from BART to the park email ahead of time info <AT>
   gidgetkitchen <DOT> org - or call Mark at 510 228-4646 or try the IRC
   Channel #gidgetkitchen on Freenode.

   Free to attend, bring a dish -

    http://www.facebook.com/events/edit/index.php?new&gid=57431734805&step=2&eid=100827139961048#!/event.php?eid=100827139961048

    Heather Farms is a great location. Many things to do there. Nice gardens
   nearby, birds to feed, etc. We can also throw a frisbee or use the redball
   to play a game of kickball.

   http://gidgetkitchen.org/wiki/Geeknic1

   Hope to see you there!

   -Mark

   Sorry on the short notice, we are also planning
   http://gidgetkitchen.org/wiki/Geeknic2  for June. I was under the
   impression we had already had sent invites to you nice people at the start
   of the month. Hmm, better late than never :)

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer