[vox] [fwd] Ubuntu10.04 release party @ the Thirsty Bear [Thu Apr 29, SF]

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Apr 28 16:27:04 PDT 2010

FYI:

----- Forwarded message from Grant Bowman -----

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:54:03 -0700
From: Grant Bowman
Subject: Re: [sf-lug] Ubuntu10.04 release party @ the Thirsty Bear

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Alex Kleider wrote:
> Grant Bowman tells me there's a party planned for tomorrow evening.
>
> "Be there, or be square!" ..as the saying goes:-)
>
> I went to one a couple of years ago and very much enjoyed my self. I'm going to try to get there again this time.

Thanks for posting,  Alex.  Jono Bacon and Elizabeth Krumbach will be
at the Thirsty Bear tomorrow as well.  The event was posted to the new
LoCo website.  http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/93/detail/

The details for all the Release parties planned in the state are at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/LucidRelease

A link at the top of that page includes a video describing how to
organize a release party which can literally be done in 10 minutes.
If you feel like holding one, just reply to this list and see who else
can show up.

An installfest event is also being planned for noisebridge.net at the
end of the month.  Details are at:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Lucid_Lynx_Installfest

Cheers,

Grant Bowman