[vox] Meeting wishlist

Tony Cratz cratz at hematite.com
Wed Oct 14 15:56:37 PDT 2009

Bill Kendrick wrote:
> So I've been cleaning up the "talks to be scheduled" page, and
> ironing out speakers for the coming months.
>
> Then I remember the ol' "Meeting topic wishlist".  What, of any of these
> topics, are people still 'wishing' they could see a presentation on?
>
>   http://lugod.org/meeting/wishlist/
>
> Suggestions for removal/addition? :)

	I would like to add to the list:

	Vyatta - Software Router by Vyatta (Bay Area company)
	MythTV/XBMC - Media Center
	Postfix - mail transport agent
	Inspircd - IRC server (most other server development has died)
	Ebooks - How to convert a document to EPUB format.

	I have a Vyatta router up and running and love it. But it would
	be a good idea if we could get someone from Vyatta to come up
	and talk to us.

	As for Sendmail I have given classes inside of Sun on how to
	configure it. While I have not switch my mail server over to
	Postfix I have thought about it (why breaks what is working).

	As I pointed out in a message on the VOX mail list, I have a
	working XBMC media server up and running. I don't have the
	MythTV up as I have not yet gotten a tuner card (and not in
	a big hurry yet to get one).

	With Inspircd I have set-up a server for myself and an online
	author chat room (which BTW I'm looking for a good Flash 10 IRC
	client). Some of the authors and myself have looked into the
	idea of publishing their stories via EPUB format.

							Tony