[vox] Reminder: "REvolution R" talk at LUGOD tonight (Nov. 16th @ Explorit on 5th St)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Nov 16 10:24:10 PST 2009

The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD) meets tonight, Monday Nov. 16th,
at 7pm at the Explorit Science Center's Mace Ranch facility:

  Explorit
  3141 5th Street
  Davis, CA 95616

Our speaker tonight will be David Smith, Director of Community at
REvolution Computing in San Francisco.  He'll be presenting an
"Introduction to REvolution R":

  The "R programming language is a software environment for statistical
  computing and graphics.  It has become a de facto standard among
  statisticians for the development of statistical software, and is widely
  used for statistical software development and data analysis.

REvolution Computing offers open source products and services for high
performance analytics, including "REvolution R Enterprise," an optimized
version of R with parallel processing capabilities.

As always, tonight's meeting is free, and open to the public.
For more details on tonight's meeting, and maps/directions to Explorit, see:
  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

ALSO - Officer Elections begin tonight.  If you'd like to nominate
someone (including yourself) for one of our four elected officer
positions, please do so immediately so that our secretary gets it before
tonight's meeting.  Mail your nominations to:  typescript at lugod.org

See you tonight!

-bill!
root at lugod.org