[vox] Linux on ereaders

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Nov 14 15:02:17 PST 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 09:44:39AM -0800, Geo. Perry wrote:
> http://www.monkeysarcades.com/Megatouch_Maxx_Sapphire_p/mm-xs.htm <--
> I saw this game-console booting linux. -g

Cool.  I'm not sure if I've seen that before, or not.
I've always had the feeling libSDL was being used in little mini bar
game systems, based on posts from a few people on the mailing list.

The GP2X, of course, runs Linux.  I also know it's been used in
some larger arcade games in the past, too.  (I've seen a root "#" prompt
on a crashed prototype racing game at California Extreme.  Sadly, you
can't exactly issue shell commands using the steering wheel and pedals ;) )

Hrm, I wonder if my laser printer runs Linux.  (My NAS does.  My router
might; I forget.  It's getting to the point where the only devices
in my house that DON'T run Linux are my crappy toaster and all of
my Ataris and other game systems.  And the iPod Touch, but that
technically belongs to my job.)

Sent from my computer