[vox] LUGOD meets tonight! (May 18) - Oracle talk (followed by pizza party)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon May 18 08:50:04 PDT 2009

The Linux Users' Group of Davis meets tonight, Monday May 18th, at 7pm at
the Davis Public Library -- our last time there for approximately 12 months,
while the facilities are renovated.

Our guest speaker will be Todd Trichler, Senior Principal Product Manager
at Oracle Technology Network (and anyone he might be bringing from Oracle's
Linux Engineering Team).

Tonight's talk will be about the work Oracle's Linux Engineering Team has
done in the realm of clustering, data integrity, virtualization, stability
and performance.  There will also be a demo of Oracle's Xen-based
server virtualization environment, "Oracle VM Server."

Oracle has offered to host a pizza party after the meeting, at a place of
our choosing.  (We'll take a vote at the end of tonight's meeting to decide
where -- I believe we ended up at Woodstocks the last time this happened).

For all the details, visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

The library is at:

  315 E 14th Street