[vox] Advertising LUGOD on Unitrans?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Jul 23 17:51:40 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 05:32:00PM -0700, Bill Ward wrote:
> I would advise against purchasing advertising.  Advertising only works
> if you have the budget to blanket a variety of sources.  It takes many
> impressions of an ad to get people to buy the product, and you only
> start noticing the ads once you've subconsciously absorbed it a bunch
> of times, in most cases.  Advertising is a money game and you could
> easily deplete LUGOD's treasury and find no new members.

FYI, these would be ads that would be up on every bus in town, for
at least 9 months.  ... Which, I think covers the "subconsiously absorb"
part, doesn't it? ;^)

(I see a LOT of students using Unitrans, and we're relatively unknown
to the student population.  And, sadly, "NO POSTING" signs up at all of
the deliciously crowded bus stops.  >:^P )