[vox] Advertising LUGOD on Unitrans?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Jul 23 15:15:19 PDT 2009

I haven't called them back or emailed, but I apparently missed a call
from Unitrans earlier today.

I can only assume that that means there's now space for ads.

See my post from October, below...  Considering we have only ~$960 in
the bank (minus whatever to open a PO Box, and $100 we need to keep in
the bank at all times), we'd blow away OVER HALF of what's left
by buying an ad.

(Also note, there were other posts in the Unitrans thread, which you
can find in the list archives on the website.)

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net> -----

Looking at:

  http://unitrans.ucdavis.edu/ads/

(which admittedly mentions 2006-2007 academic year), it seems like
one can purchase ads on the inside the 43 single-decker Unitrans buses
that run through town for $675.  (For an entire academic year.)

Alternatively, for $505, we can get the ads in 34 buses.

(1) Do people think it's a good idea to advertise LUGOD on Unitrans?
    (We'd get a _ton_ of students' eyeballs, so I think so.)

(2) Can we currently afford this?  (Our ledger is extremely out of date,
    so I'll need to check with Henry.  That reminds me, we also need to
    bring http://www.lugod.org/devnull/ up to date! :^( )

(3) Would people be willing to help sponsor this?
    (If we can afford it, sponsorship would help us from draining our funds.
    If we cannot afford it, sponsorship would be the only way we could do it.)

In the meantime, I'll contact the Unitrans ad people to find out when we'd
need to get ad content to them, in what size/format), and how much it will
cost these days.

-bill!

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer