[vox] Does Anybody Like KDE 4.x?

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 11:56:00 PST 2009

> Personally, I stuck with 3.5.10, which means I'm still using
> Kubuntu 8.04 (which is fortunately an LTS version). It's stable,
> I've been using 3.5.x for quite awhile and I'm used to it. I think
> one of Kubuntu's dumbest moves was swapping out KDE 3.5 for KDE 4
> in 8.10.

I use Ubuntu 8.10 on my workstation with KDE installed with 'apt-get
install kde kdm'.  I still prefer 3.5.10 but this morning I upgraded
to KDE 4.2.  It is much more stable and much more usable.  However,
the big improvements that have arrived since the 4.0 release will
probably improve further when KDE 4.3 comes along.

--
Richard
www.sheflug.org.uk