[vox] Does Anybody Like KDE 4.x?

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Thu Jan 29 06:52:47 PST 2009

On Wednesday 28 January 2009 17:02:57 Bill Kendrick wrote:
> My wife reinstalled Ubuntu onto her laptop, and utterly despited KDE 4.0.
> I found that someone had made backages of KDE 3.5 available, so we
> promptly installed those. :)  I haven't heard a complaint since.

I'm told that KDE 4.2 is much more stable and feature-rich than earlier
versions of KDE 4. I don't think it ships with Kubuntu 8.10, nor can it be
downloaded for that platform, but it will ship with 9.04.

Personally, I stuck with 3.5.10, which means I'm still using Kubuntu 8.04
(which is fortunately an LTS version). It's stable, I've been using 3.5.x for
quite awhile and I'm used to it. I think one of Kubuntu's dumbest moves was
swapping out KDE 3.5 for KDE 4 in 8.10.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford