[vox] [Semi-OT] Coworking

Wes Hardaker wjhns156 at hardakers.net
Thu Jan 29 10:30:33 PST 2009

TR> I telecommute from home, but I don't have a toddler. Like previous
TR> members have posted, I would be uneasy having to trust co-workers
TR> without any leadership. The next best choice would be to rent office
TR> space from a single-office-space building. I visited a financial planner
TR> in one, and there he had access to a shared receptionist.

I'd love some sort of office to go to in town, since I also work from
home....  I've looked into office space and it's simply not cheap.

The security issue is definitely a problem.  I'm pretty sure my company
would say no to an arrangement that let other people access part of my
office space.  The only real way around that is a shared office space
with physical walled off sub-offices with locking doors.  Unfortunately,
that'll drive the cost up again.  It might still be cheaper than renting
a single small office but probably not by much.