[vox] [Semi-OT] Coworking

Zach Johnson zjohnson at math.ucdavis.edu
Tue Jan 27 13:46:14 PST 2009

About 10 years ago someone attempted to set up an office in Davis with
the intent of it being used for telecommuters for a minimal monthly
expense.  It failed miserably, but I think it was just a concept before
its time.

I think they wanted the worker or their employer to pay the fees.

In turn the provided power, Internet, Fax, Photocopier, printer,
telephones, lights, cooling, heat, desks, chairs,  etc.

These days I think you could dump the telephone since everyone has
cell.