[vox] Message bot for vox

Gandalf Parker gandalf at any1can.net
Thu Jan 15 06:43:08 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 05:31:50PM -0800, Brian Lavender wrote:
> I noticed that there seems to be a few subjects that gets people's
> attention. Wouldn't it be interesting if we had a message bot to rile up
> the group every once in a while with the subject "Why Windows is better
> than Linux"? No one likes to be fooled by a bot though.

Hmmmmmmm.....
Use a text based Eliza program, feed it from some hot-topics page like Yahoos or Googles.
Pull the tech topics of the day that are causing massive searches (which usually means they are the less serious ones).
Feed one of those to Google and pull in some text for the email.
Post it as a serious user.

WAIT! This is too powerful. Its like the atomic theory. It can be used for good, but also for evil.
Forget I said anything.

Gandalf  Parker